Tuesday 7 April 2015

Welcome to Somerset Stitch

After stitching and sewing my way around the county of Somerset for 4 years, I thought it was about time that my name matched what I do!   

Like many Somerset 'makers', I am hugely inspired by the landscape, coast and flora around me - alleged to be one of the most diverse small spaces on the planet!  So often past through by travellers on route across the south of the UK, I am ever on a mission to promote all that Somerset has to offer.

What can be achieved with needles, thread and textiles, never fails to amaze me.  The modern world of stitch with machines and gadgets offers up endless opportunities.  I do think though that it is good to know about our stitching ancestors and researching them gives me great pleasure too.

For anyone who has followed my stitching adventures of recent years, please bear with me as I build up my new world of Somerset Stitch.  As ever, I have big plans to promote creativity with stitch and sewing in Somerset and lots of energy and excitement behind them!








No comments:

Post a Comment